GRANDMASTER JUNG WOO SUH, FOUNDER
- 8th degree Dan in Taekwondo of the Kukkiwon (Headquarters of World Taekwondo Federation)
- World Famous Grand Master
- World Champion Fighter
- Over 50 Years of Experience in Taekwondo, Judo, Hapkido, Boxing and Kumdo
- Recognized Instructor by the International Taekwondo Federation (ITF) and by the American Martial Arts Association (AMA)
- Kukkiwon International Advisory Counsel Member
- American Martial Arts Association Director
- WTF International Grand Master Instructor
- Former US Air-Force Instructor in Osan, Korea
- Former Silicon Valley World Open Martial Arts Championship Tournament Director
- Grand Master Suh has been practicing martial arts for over 53 years. He attended the premiere high school and college in Korea where the modern form of Taekwondo first developed. He is one of the top few students from Chung-Do-Kwan, one of the nine martial art studios that represent the original roots of Taekwondo as we know it today, and is one of the first generation of Taekwondo masters who created the fighting style that is a part of the Summer Olympic Games.
Grand Master Suh has won several international championships, appeared on the cover of premier martial art magazines and television shows, and holds an internationally certified 8th degree Dan in Taekwondo. He is a master of many other martial art styles, such as Hapkido, Kumdo, Judo and Boxing, and is an expert with nunchucks, swords, and the bong, or long stick. He currently serves as a member of the Kukkiwon International Advisory Committee, the global development body of Taekwondo as both sport and a martial art.
Although Grand Master Suh was a fierce competitor and an extreme fighter, his gentle heart makes him available and approachable to each of his students. Especially with young children, he understands exactly how Taekwondo, when taught with individual attention and care, can enhance the young person to become an invaluable leader of society. He believes that children are our future, and is fully dedicated to creating a place where they can learn the important virtues of integrity, honesty, respect, and diligence. His individual attention to detail for each student is exceptional, and this has been proven at JTC for over 30 years.
Grand Master Suh has created a curriculum that can be applied in many other martial art studios. He works with committed instructors, some with advanced degrees and extensive education and experience, to refine and implement a new type of martial art business model.