Hello to members of the JTC family!
Summer break is behind us and school has started for just about everybody. With the return to a normal schedule, our attendance has risen tremendously over the last weeks! We are very happy to see everybody again and are excited to help you all achieve your martial arts goals!
Now that everybody’s more able to attend regularly, we’ve noticed that some of the classes are getting more crowded than others. So we wanted to let you know what alternatives might be available in order to help ensure that you get the best possible learning experience. For those who would like to try out a class which offers the same instruction for the same skill levels and age ranges but with fewer people can check out the following:
Mondays/Wednesdays @ 5:45pm students can find an alternative at 4:00pm
Tuesdays/Thursdays @5:00pm students can check out the 4:00pm class
Here is an announcements for you all:
1. This month’s color belt testing is Aug 11, 2017 (Fri), we have no regularly scheduled classes Friday and Saturday. Those who are testing, please be sure to arrive at your test 15 to 30 minutes early to stretch out and warm up. Please return your testing form and coins before the testing day.
2. Junior Instructor Class is Aug. 19. 2017 (Sat) 9:30am.
Hello all, here are some announcements for this month.
1. This Friday (July.14), we have our monthly color belt testing. I hope that your children are hard at work practicing and memorizing to do well for this month's test. The following day after, (July.15)Saturday, we do not have class because it is Instructor work day.
2. The tryouts for the upcoming tournament will be formally on the 21st of this month. Although the instructors have been saying it is the 20th, we have moved it to the day after for better timing. The tryouts will begin at 4pm and will approximately end at about 4:45 (depending on the amount of children). Those who do not make it to the tryouts are not put into the team. If there are conflicting events, please talk to Mrs. Kim.
A. The children will be showing the form that they will be doing for the tournament.
B. Parents are going to have to pay for the coach's fee on the day of the tryouts(7/21)
C. If your child/ren miss a practice without telling Mrs. Kim beforehand to the absense, they are kicked off the team. This is because we want to have your child/ren to work hard and also get as much advice from the instructors.
1. For June, Color belt testing is on Friday June. 09 we have no regular class on Friday nor Saturday. Those who are testing, please be sure to arrive at your test 15 to 30 minutes early to stretch out and warm up. Please return your testing form and coins before the testing day.
2. JTC Taekwondo will be closed for Independence Day week between July.03 (Mon) and July. 08(Sat). there will be no tuition-credit for that week, but students are welcome to take extra classes before or after the break to make up the time missed.
1. This month’s color belt testing is May 12, 2017 (Fri), we have no regularly scheduled classes Friday and Saturday. Those who are testing, please be sure to arrive at your test 15 to 30 minutes early to stretch out and warm up. Please return your testing form and coins before the testing day.
2. May 26(Fri) – May 29(Mon) we will be closed for Memorial Day.
3. We updated class schedule.
Schedule for April
1. Color belt Testing
This Friday (April.07) is the color belt testing day. We have no regularly scheduled classes Friday and Saturday. Those of you who are testing, please be sure to arrive at your testing time 15 to 30 minutes early to stretch out and warm up. Return your testing form and coins before the testing day.
2. Assistant instructors Class
We will be having our monthly junior instructor class from 9:30am to 10am on Saturday (April.15). The class is open to all senior brown belts and black belts and will focus on building strong leadership skills for use in the classroom and in the real world. The class is just 30 minutes, but all students will be expected to stick around for the 10am to 10:45am class that immediately follows it.
I'd like to begin by congratulating all our candidates for all the hard work they've put in leading up to their test this Saturday (April.01). It's been a long road coming but the big day is finally here.
The test itself will begin at 12:30pm sharp. If you're late, you fail, no exceptions. Show up early to stretch and warm up on your own because when the physical portion of the test begins we'll jumping right into it. The test is scheduled to run until 4pm. Please make sure your family is here to lend you moral support and to be present when you receive your belt.
Black belt certificates from the Spring 2016 Testing will be handed out at 4:10pm. Make sure your parents are present so that you may present your certificate to them and read your letter of appreciation. Please show up early. If you are not in the studio by the time we begin the ceremony, you will not be able to receive your certificate until the next black belt testing.
Schedule - 12:30pm : Written test
01:00pm : Physical test starts
04:00pm -:Belt Ceremony & Certificate Ceremony
This is to inform all black belts who took their exam in the fall of 2016 (and who didn't get the certification yet) that the ceremony to receive their Kukkiwon certificates will be held this Saturday, April 1st at 4:00pm. Please show up in uniform with your parents to receive your certificate.
See you then!
For March, we have a couple of announcements:
1. Color belt Testing day
This month color belt testing will be scheduled on;
Mar. 10th, 2017 (Friday) – Testing Day
Mar. 11st, 2017 (Saturday) – Closed for Instructor’s Work Day
2. Black Testing & Preparation
2017 Black Belt preparation & Testing will be scheduled on;
Preparation --- Mar. 04th(Sat) ,07th(Tue), 09th(Thu), 14th(Tue), 16th(Thu), 18th(Sat)
Black Belt Testing--- April. 1st(Sat) 1:00pm - 4:00pm